When it comes to indoor rock climbing, comfort and flexibility are key factors to consider when choosing what to wear. Since indoor climbing gyms typically have controlled temperatures, you won’t need to dress too warmly, but you also don’t want to be too cool either. Here are some tips for what to wear when indoor rock climbing:
- Clothing: Wear comfortable, breathable clothing that allows you to move freely. Clothing made from stretchy materials, such as spandex or polyester blends, are ideal as they provide flexibility and allow for a full range of motion. Avoid wearing baggy clothing as they can get caught on equipment or restrict your movements.
- Shoes: Invest in a good pair of climbing shoes. Climbing shoes are designed with sticky rubber soles that provide excellent grip and allow for better foot placement on holds. Make sure your shoes fit well and are snug, but not too tight.
- Chalk Bag: A chalk bag is essential for indoor rock climbing as it helps keep your hands dry and improve your grip. It can be worn around your waist or attached to your harness.
- Harness: A harness is necessary to attach to the rope for top-rope or lead climbing. Choose a harness that fits comfortably and securely. Women-specific harnesses are also available.
- Jewelry: Avoid wearing jewelry when rock climbing as it can get caught on holds or equipment and cause injury. If you must wear jewelry, make sure it is minimal and does not interfere with your movements.
Remember, the key to a successful indoor rock climbing session is to wear comfortable and flexible clothing that allows for a full range of motion. Invest in good quality climbing shoes and a harness, and avoid wearing any jewelry that may cause injury.