When going to a rock climbing gym, you should wear comfortable and flexible clothing that allows for a full range of motion. Here are some specific recommendations:
- Climbing shoes: Climbing shoes are specially designed to help you grip onto holds and are an essential piece of gear for indoor rock climbing. You can either buy your own pair or rent them at the gym.
- Athletic pants or shorts: Wear athletic pants or shorts that allow for a full range of motion. Avoid jeans or anything with thick or restrictive fabric.
- Climbing harness: Most indoor climbing gyms require you to wear a climbing harness, which will keep you safe while you climb. You can either bring your own or rent one at the gym.
- T-shirt or tank top: Wear a comfortable t-shirt or tank top that allows for a full range of motion. Avoid wearing anything too baggy or loose-fitting.
- Chalk bag: You can bring your own chalk bag to keep your hands dry while climbing. You can usually rent one at the gym if you don’t have one.
- Hair tie: If you have long hair, bring a hair tie to keep your hair out of your face while climbing.
- Optional: Climbing gloves, knee pads, or elbow pads: Some climbers prefer to wear gloves, knee pads, or elbow pads for extra protection while climbing. This is a personal preference and not necessary for everyone.